Saturday, December 17, 2011

Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipsticks ~ Over The Top and Brick-0-La ~ Photos, Review and Swatches

Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipsticks are my current favorite range of lipstick these days, they are affordable, good quality and the best part that it leaves a tint after the lipstick weathers down...I guess that is the best part about that in my opinion. (read further as to why)

Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipsticks ~ Over The Top and Brick-0-La ~ Photos, Review and Swatches


As on Colorbar cosmetics website :

For a rich lip colour with a creamy shine, the Velvett Matte Lipstick, available in 45 stunning shades infuse the lips with vibrancy. Its unique 2-in-1 formulation gives the lips a creamy, yet matte finish. A one of a kind product in India, it has super softening agents that give the lips a soft and supple appearance while keep them nourished with Vitamin E. Staying on up to 5 hours on application, the Velvett Matte Lipstick can be further accentuated with lip gloss and lip liner.

The shades I recently bought are Over the Top and Brick-O-La

Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipsticks ~ Over The Top and Brick-0-La ~ Photos, Review and Swatches

ok,,before describing them I want to disclose something, I am honestly very bad at picking shades, every single time I go for makeup shopping I come back with  2 very similar shades and then curse myself like,,,,,
(ya you can make fun of me after reading this with your heart's desire,,, )

"don't act like a fool at the shop,,the shop is not going to vanish if you buy only one shade at a time, take your time and see the shades nicely,,blah blah blahhh.. but I never seem to do so,,I have to,,,like have to buy two shades at a time and despite not being color blind or anything my 22 year old self  can't distinguish between two shades...

(there,,,I can sense you laughing) :(
nyways..

you get the point na,,,, Over The Top and Brick-O-La are like cousins if not sisters :p :p

while Over The Top is a rich brown+red shade(if that makes any sense to you)
Brick-o-La is a rich red shade with a tinge of coral (color of a brick),,,not a bright red but a slightly muted one. (no blue undertones to it)

Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipsticks ~ Over The Top and Brick-0-La ~ Photos, Review and Swatches

Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipsticks ~ Over The Top and Brick-0-La ~ Photos, Review and Swatches


These are matte lipsticks but not super matte,, even if you don't apply a lip balm beneath, it still will keep your lips soft and supple.

The color intensity is extremely good, one swipe gives you a nice shade and two swipes gives an opaque finish. :)

The staying power is also very good as it stay put for 4 hours. Even after removing it with a makeup remover I still can find a nice tint of the shade on my lips.
I kind of sometimes dab it on my lips , wipe of a bit with a tissue and enjoy the lip tint ( crazy ?)

These lipsticks have the shade shown on the bottom of the tube,,hence making it slightly easier to search for it.

Completely transferable .

These two shades are 90% similar,,if someone has nicely pigmented lips then they should not buy both of these shades as it will look more or less the same.

The slight difference is with the brown tinge in the Over The Top one as you can see in the swatch.

Colorbar Velvet Matte Lipsticks ~ Over The Top and Brick-0-La ~ Photos, Review and Swatches


The packaging is fine,,not so good, not so bad..

A very affordable and super quality lipsticks I must admit. The quality is as good as some top notch brands so I guess its a must for every girl to try it out at least once.

Quantity ~ 4.2 g

Price ~ 225

Recommendation : yes please,, have praised enough I suppose :)

Thanks

Namita 

15 comments:

  1. Brick.-o-la is sooooo pretty Namita <3 <3 <3 luved it

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Jyoti :

    me too,,me toooo :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love Velvet matte lipsticks, the texture, the staying power and the color choices. I love these shades especially Brick o la. I am getting it for sure..:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Parul :

    same here hun,,
    ya do get it,,I recommend it completely :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. even i <3 the Velvet mattes....thinking of buying more...
    over the top for me....

    http://sweetandbitterblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. over the top is so nice.......... price is too good.......... i am planning of a maybelline shopping in january new year.........

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice review, Namita. I end up getting similar shades all the time. I guess we go with the intention of liking something particular and getting multiples of that lol but i like brick-o-la swatch. it looks very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! I nominated you the Versatile Blog Award! :)
    Check it out here;

    http://blushtree.blogspot.com/2011/12/versatile-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. @ Divineblush :

    yes they are :) which one did u like more?

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ sweet and bitter :

    same here hun,,I find both of them quite flattering :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. @ coralcrue :

    ohh!! good to see that m not alone doing it..LOL.. but nyways this time m loving both the shades equally :)

    Thanks dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. @ Purpleanel :

    Thats soo sweet of you honey :)

    Thanks a allot :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am not very comfortable with Matte lipsticks but Brick-O-la is very tempting now :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. @ Aarthi :

    yup it is,, even I thought I would dislike the matte range but you know something , I think these look zillion times better on me than any other lipstick or any gloss :)

    ReplyDelete