Sunday, April 22, 2012

QVS ~ FLAT TOP POWDER BRUSH ~ it contours, it highlights and it blends too

QVS ~ FLAT TOP POWDER BRUSH ~ it contours, it highlights and it blends ;)
Have you ever come across a brush that looks good, feels awesomely soft and contour-highlight-blend all at the same time,, !! well I didn't untill I came across this lil chubby baby in the New U store ,, m so glad I picked it  up  over that ugly looking costly xyz brush.

I imagine this brush in a small little princess's hand applying a baby pink blush to the apples of her cheeks ^-^ (only if it was pink!! or purple in my case ;)


Let me tell you something honestly , I was never a face powder person, hated the look it gave , cakey and absolutely fake. I love having my skin look like it is originally albeit a bit polished but not something that it actually isn't. So you see powder was a no-no for me,,This was till super-powers came into me and I thought of using powder with this chubby lil thing. I was surprised and what a sweet little surprise it was, there was no cakey feeling, nothing as in fake feeling, no accentuation of dry patches..Do I need any more reason to love it?
I know I lived under the rock not knowing what's the true benefit of having a compact powder on top of any foundation/TM ~ :-\

What the product states ~

QVS Flat Top Powder Brush ~

~ Contour, Blend and Highlight
~ Flat top brush head for color definition
~ Ideal for powder and Mineral makeup

QVS ~ FLAT TOP POWDER BRUSH ~ it contours, it highlights and it blends ;)

QVS ~ FLAT TOP POWDER BRUSH ~ it contours, it highlights and it blends ;)

~ I have used it as a powder brush, a blush brush, a brush to highlight, blend, for a light sweep on a single overall lid colour and for liquid foundation (didn't go well with this one).
~ The brush is short-short like very short but it works superbly, the bristles are super soft, I have washed it three time till now and not even a single bristle fell out or the brush lost its shape.
~ The handle is thick and of good quality and gives a nice grip/hold. There are few brushes which gives a streaky finish on your face but this one does not.
~ It can even pick up baked blushes, so one more brownie to it.
~ It didn't do anything when I tried to use it to apply liquid foundation .
~ works amazing as a highlighter brush.

QVS ~ FLAT TOP POWDER BRUSH ~ it contours, it highlights and it blends ;)


For loose powder ~ Tap off the excess and then I use a dabbing motion ~ works fine for me.
For highlighter and blush ~ one light sweep across the desired area ; also to and fro motion.
For eyeshadow application (yes I manage to use this for eye shadow too) ~ one light sweep, specially with light shimmery shades - my current <3

QVS ~ FLAT TOP POWDER BRUSH ~ it contours, it highlights and it blends ;)


I honestly can not find a single flaw in this brush , a purple version of it would have been fantastic ;)

Price ~ 355 INR

Recommendation ~ If you are afraid of loose powder application ~ BUY this ,, well just buy this Its too good.

Thanks

Namita 

20 comments:

  1. hawwwwww itna acha brush bhi koi leta hai Nams!!!??? now, i also want one...
    ny suggestions for a gud liquid foundation brush??
    i want to try kryolan brushes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) vanu I just chanced upon to see it, you also get this one, m sure you will love it.
      Go for TBS Foundation brush, its good, priced around 580 INR :)
      hehe me too,,bt for that I have to come Lajpat Nagar specially.

      Delete
    2. Nams, come to delhi. we will lutto-fy shops in lajpat nagar. Its an amazing mkt,ya. and yes, Kryolan toh hai hi!!!

      Delete
    3. pakka :) lemme make some plans ;) you will be my guide there okie ?

      Delete
  2. cute brush..and nice review

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want a new U store near me :'(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too KJ :) I bought this from Gurgaon ,,

      Delete
  4. Namita you sold me out! Last time I went to Forum mall in Kolkata, there was a New U store opening up. I have never located CVS brushes here. I am going to go to that New U just because I want to find if these brushes are available. Did you know I am on a brush hunting expedition? Got some new stuffs myself too :)
    I have got two Sigma F80 and they are very good. But since they are flat topped kabuki, I feel they are too dense for blush or powder application. I am definitely going to check this out!
    Achha, does New U also have discounts? :P Sorry, since in Kolkata there's New Market where, as the story goes, you may even find 'tigress's milk if you know the right place', I usually get my stuff from there at a very discounted price :P
    A pretty long comment I guess, but I was just too excited to see the brush LOL :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hie Niv :) this one is definitely worth trying out,,I don't own many brushes but yes by far this one is the best. Do show which ones you got :) You bought Sigma from website or from somewhere else?
      Niv I don't think so New U has any discounts,, plus it is not a huge store, a multi branded cosmetic shop in fact ~ much like any of the online cosmetic shops we have. But yes still It has a little charm of its own.
      I knw that about New Market,,you name it you will get it!!! people like me used to spend hours n hours roaming in it,,I really miss my Kolkata days like anything...specially that bakery (m forgetting its name now,,but it is the most famous one there) and also the florists sitting on its front.. <3 <3

      Delete
  5. Hahahah! I forgot you had Bong connections!!!You are talking about Nahum's. Ah! Don't talk to me about Nahum's . I would want to go there right away. I went to New Market day before yesterday and as usual never miss my cakes from there! I might go to New U just to check out this brush! Yes, I got a Bourjois kabuki and a good double ended brush from the same brand and lots of other stuff. Would show them soon.
    I did not buy Sigma actually. :) They had this affiliate incentives so received one and the other, I won it in a blog contest. Bhadwan na de diya chappad farke! :D Wait, doing the blogpost soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes yes yes Nahum's only..their cakes yummmmmmm :D
      My usual shopping day there used to start with a piece of a cake from there,,then towards all the leather goods shops,,mum going for the traditional bengali handloom , then to khadims or sreeleathers and then some fresh flowers right before returning back :) m gettin lil teary eyes now ;(
      Good na you get discounted Bourjois there,,I deeply wish to come to Kolkata this year now,,kaise bhi karke kinds :D
      hehe good,,its ur Brush month i guess :D

      Delete
    2. LOL! No, Bourjois is not available in New Market yet, I think. It's available at pantaloons outlets only till now. You make the shopping sound exactly the perfect one!
      Hey, if you come to Kolkata, let me know beforehand, I would love to meet you!

      Delete
    3. Ok I thought that you bought it from there. I thing westside and debenhams have bourjois too,,
      Ya that was kind of our routine there :) :)
      Oh yes definitely Niv :) pakka hai,,would love to meet you too in Kolkata,, Amen !! :)

      Delete
  6. Looks like a nice brush!!! i hope i can find it too!!!
    n the tiara on the title is really cute <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I wish New U opens up everywhere :D :)
      Thanks!! Did few changes last night :)

      Delete
  7. Itna cutu sa brush hai n works so well too...I will check it at a New U store here..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya do check it out at the store :) m glad I picked it up :D :D

      Delete
  8. the brush loooks very cute :), nice buy :)

    ReplyDelete